At Riverside Dental in Noosaville, we have sourced two of the most effective whitening systems in the world to help patients transform their smile.
Most dentists providing teeth whitening have found frustration after frustration, in terms of predictability, effectiveness, longevity of effect and complaints of sensitivity by patients–until now. The team at Riverside Dental are proud to offer two whitening systems that offer all the above benefits:
- KöR® Whitening and Deep Bleaching™
- Opalescence Teeth Whitening
Superior Teeth Whitening Results
Both KöR® Whitening and Deep Bleaching™ and Opalescence Teeth Whitening are two of the most effective whitening systems in the world today. They are the only systems recognised to significantly whiten even difficult tetracycline stained teeth within a short time.
Why choose professional whitening instead of over-the-counter products?
Over-the-counter products rely on the consumer to be more interested in the quick-fix solution rather than a healthy, natural-looking result. These products don’t actually whiten your teeth so much as dehydrate them, which in-turn creates a whiter appearance. It is important to keep in mind, these cheaper alternatives don’t protect your gums, and often cause sensitivity and damage to your enamel.
Are over-the-counter teeth whitening effective?
Clinical Research Associates (CRA) as well as other researchers have found that whitening gel in conventional whitening trays is only strongly active for 25-35 minutes. This is due to rapid contamination of the whitening gel by saliva. Approximately 6.5mg of peroxide is placed when filling the whitening trays and saliva is capable of destroying 29mg of peroxide per minute. It takes very little contamination by saliva to destroy whitening gel on contact.
Why choose KöR Whitening and Deep Bleaching™
KöR Whitening and Deep Bleaching™ Trays seal both saliva and sulcular fluid out of the whitening trays. Deep Bleaching Trays in combination with KöR® Whitening gels provide a full 6+ hours of whitening activity compared to the typical 25-35 minutes.
The result is a thorough cleansing out of debris from between enamel rods, rejuvenating the enamel, more closely resembling that of a young person, and of course amazing whiteness.
This is just the start of Deep Bleaching. A final in-office whitening session with more concentrated peroxide results in the ability of the peroxide byproducts to actually flood into the now refreshed microstructure of the teeth, finishing the degradation of any remaining stubborn stains, providing the most WOW result you have ever seen.
Of course there is much more to KöR® Whitening and Deep Bleaching™, including the various whitening gels specifically designed by Dr Kurthy with the exact physical properties to work best with his Deep Bleaching protocol. Further to this, the entire KöR product line is refrigerated—from the instant of manufacture until received by the dental practice, and offers the most effective anti-sensitivity approach ever seen.
Why choose Opalescence Teeth Whitening?
The Opalescence Teeth Whitening solution contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride), which helps maintain the health of the enamel during the whitening process. It is also formulated to prevent dehydration and shade relapse.
If you’re looking to enhance the appearance of your smile in the comfort of your home, look now further than Opalescence take-home whitening gel. Opalescence at-home teeth whitening kit is the professional alternative to over-the-counter whitening products.
This safe and effective whitening solution also assists in reducing cavities, minimising sensitivity, increasing enamel hardness and improving the overall health of your teeth through potassium nitrate and fluoride.
- Thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
- After removing the cap from the syringe tip, express the product evenly into the compartment of the tray. 1/4 to 1/3 of the syringe will be necessary.
- Seat the tray over the teeth. Gently remove excess gel that may overflow with a toothbrush or a clean finger.
- Rinse your mouth twice, using care not to swallow.
- You may wear your trays over night or during the day for 0.5 to 3 hrs.
- After the indicated time, remove the tray.
- Clean gel from the tray.
- The tray should be removed before eating and/or drinking.
- You may store your trays in the fridge for up to 2 years from date of issue.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Do not use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not eat while wearing your custom trays.
- Do not use tobacco products while wearing your trays.
- Do not expose the syringes to heat and/or sunlight.
- Do not freeze the syringes.
- Do not smoke while tray is in mouth.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gum line. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity with bleaching. It may be recommended that you bleach every second or third night and for a shorter time. You can also use the whitening solution during the day for 1-3 hrs. If sensitivity continues, please contact your dentist.
- Foods and juices high in citrus acid can cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat or tongue.
- Coffee, tobacco and other products may re-stain your teeth over time.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after bleaching to maintain a healthy smile
If you’re interested in achieving a brighter smile, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!